Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Sick as a dog

So I've been battling a wicked cold for over a week.  I finally went to the doctor's today. Result? Acute sinusitis.  Now I have antibiotics and hydrocodone cough syrup. (Trust me... I had to push for the syrup. Codeine makes me itchy. The pearls don't help me sleep. This is truly all that works and about once every 2 years, I request it. The doc today initially refused. Take Codeine, he urged. Apparently he was more concerned about me possibly being addicted to hydrocodone and a pill hunter than the fact I cannot take Codeine. Maybe the fact I coughed up a lung in his office supported my claim.  Even so, don't people use Codeine in a similar way? I mean, why was he pushing it on me?!?!) Here's hoping I start feeling better soon. (See my Snorlax? He is my get well charm!) I dislike not breathing and 5 boxes of Kleenex in and my nose is raw. 

When one resolves to blog every day, there's bound to be some mundane boring entries.  Sorry, dear reader, my brain is too foggy for quality.

In entirely unrelated news, they're calling for snow Saturday! Oh for a snow day with a book in a cozy nook!

In the realm of what I read today comes.... drug interactions! OK, I'd intended to read before bed but the syrup gives me dumb-face and I don't retain well.  Allende must be savored!

No comments:

Post a Comment