Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Iced In

“I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great” 
― Robert Frost



My snow days turned to ice days and frigid nights.  I didn't venture outside for days.  It was lovely.  I had my pets.  I had my books.  I had my mister.  A lazy Sunday turned into a rare Monday with the office closed.  Monday turned into a Tuesday on a delayed schedule and permission to work from home.  I spent the day lawyering in fuzzy pants.  It was fantastic.  Everything is still frozen, but the cold never bothered me anyway.  (I couldn't resist.)

This is the curse of NC winters.  We love the magic of the snow.  The excitement.  The thrill.  And so oft we're faced with black ice.  Instead of the soft crunch of snow, we have the loud snap of a layered sleet, snow, and rain.  There's no snow man coming from that.  No snow angels to be had either.  But there's still a hint of magic when things shut down.  It does make for great reading & snuggling weather.  Netflix & Chill?  Please.  I've got Books & Coffee to warm me up.

***Also, my reading resolution is going along quite swimmingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment