Sunday, January 15, 2017

Political Musings

Okay... So I neglected to post yesterday.  Twenty lashes and whatnot.  I'm still proud of my attempts to write every day!  That said, I'm going to do something I swore I would not do - I'm going to make a political post.  ACK!  RUN!


Still here?  Okay.  Not to toot my horn, but I am a highly educated individual who puts a lot of emphasis on education, free thinking, and creativity.  As an attorney, I encounter laws nearly every day that I question.  I also encounter situations nearly every day where there are NO LAWS on the books when I feel there should be.  That said, I am bound by the laws we do (and do not) have.  There is a system in place - it may be broken, but there is a system.  And there is also a system to fix the cracks and heal the wounds.  That system must be followed.

So when I see the hashtag "notmypresident" - I get a little squirrely.  I hated that sentiment when Bush was elected.  Twice.  I hated that sentiment when Obama was elected.  Twice.  And I certainly hate it now.  There is a marked difference now, however.  That difference is that in my heart of hearts, I know Trump does not have the necessary skillset to serve as president.  But we have a system and that system elected him.  I'm not going to just take my ball and go home; that's not how I was raised.  You have to USE THE SYSTEM TO BEAT THE SYSTEM.  Trust me on this.  You can boycott the inauguration all you want, but it will not change the fact that Trump WILL BE PRESIDENT.  So stop pouting.  Seriously.  For me.  For the Obamas, who have so graciously extended support to President-elect Trump.  It is time to protest policies, not people.

You want change?  That is how you will get it.  Not by trying to turn back time and hoping for a different outcome.  Not by boycotting an already-elected President.

No comments:

Post a Comment